Vacancy Name: Manager, Project
Organization: ChildFund International
Employment Type: Full Time (Fixed Term)
Childfund Work Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Childfund Division: Programs and Partnerships (P&P)
ChildFund Department: Grants and Project Management
Title: Project Manager -WeEffect (1 Position)
Div/Dept: Global Operations
Location: Zambia Country Office
Reporting Relationship: Technical Manager – Health (Zambia & Mozambique)
The Project Manager will be responsible for strategic planning for implementation of the Project and provide back stopping support to women and youth groups in target communities. Tasks include development of work plans, provision of Project leadership, coordination of trainings, engagement of stakeholders, coordination of project monitoring and evaluation, project knowledge management, preparation of donor reports, complying to donor guidelines in project execution. The candidate should demonstrate ability to work with divergent women and youth groups from grassroots organizations and those in the informal sector. He or She directly reports to the Technical Manager-Health based at ChildFund Zambia Country Office.
Child Safeguarding: Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Development of work plans and provision of strategic leadership to Women and Youth Small scale businesses.
- Coordination and facilitation of community capacity building trainings to bridge knowledge gaps in business management and enterprise development to women and youths’ groups.
- Development and coordination of project monitoring, evaluation and learning plans.
- Development of monitoring tools, methodologies and approaches which will be applied to highlight project gaps and provide guidance on responsive actions to support continuous programme improvement.
- Conducting project risk analysis and development of response mechanisms accompanied with a clear monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Support networking interventions among mobilized groups for enhanced knowledge sharing and learning.
- Establish Women and Youth groups and develop their capacity in economic empowerment
- Network with relevant Government Departments and like-minded organisations
- Engagement with stakeholders, knowledge management and reporting to donors.
- Reporting and communication of project results
- Provide Onsight leadership to the project team
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Gender Studies, Social Work, Business Management or any relevant development and project management field
- A Master’s degree in above disciplines is a requirement.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience of Programme/Project coordination and community outreach programmes.
- Deep understanding of enterprise development, marketing, and general sales
- Demonstrate experience in Community Development specifically in Women and Youth Economic Empowerment.
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
- Experience of developing and testing methodologies for planning, monitoring, and learning in women’s economic empowerment and/or gender transformation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.