Job Title: Investment Specialist (USAID/Zambia)
Organization: DevTech Systems
Job ID: 2021-1234
Job Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Department: Public Financial Management
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data-driven evidence-based organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech’s core practice areas include Data Services, Public Financial Management, Knowledge Management and Data Analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education, Gender and Youth, Security Transparency and Governance, and Energy and Environment.
DevTech is seeking an Investment Specialist for the USAID/Zambia’s Business Enabling Project. The purpose of this project is to catalyze greater gender equality and inclusive private sector investment and trade in rural areas by strengthening select Zambian government and civil society organizations to implement improved and streamlined policies and processes for economically viable and gender balanced rural enterprises. The project will also support the creation of an enabling environment that incentivizes productive investments in trade, agriculture, energy, eco-tourism, and sustainable natural resource management.
The Investment Specialist, under the overall guidance of the COP (Chief of Party), will engage with business advisory service providers to provide support in identifying and developing investment strategies for local firms aligned with investors’ interests, developing pipelines of potential firms, screen and validate opportunities, and help parties structure and negotiate transactions. The following responsibilities are included but not exhaustive:
- Leveraging relationships with business advisory service providers to identify ways for local businesses to improve their access to supply chain opportunities with multinational corporations.
- Provide technical assistance to build a network of viable local businesses seeking international and domestic investment and identify viable and cost-effective ways to facilitate investment.
- Support increasing value of investments in the agriculture, energy, eco-tourism and sustainable natural resource management industries, including for women-owned businesses.
- Designing technical support to increase capacity of business advisory service providers to meet needs of local enterprises.
- Advanced degree in business administration, economics, or other relevant area.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in accounting, business consulting, private equity, investment, corporate finance, and international trade with some experience working on buy/sell side transactions.
- Extensive experience working with USAID or other donor-funded projects on similar projects.
- Competent business analytical and research and business critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working in Zambia
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.