Job Title: Junior Advisor (m/f/d) Green Innovation Centre for the agriculture and food sector in Zambia
Organization: The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Assignment period:08/01/2021 – 07/31/2023
Field: Rural Development
Type of employment:full or part-time
The global project Green Innovation Centres for the Agriculture and Food Sector is part of the global special initiative “ONEWORLD NO HUNGER” and implemented in 15 countries. The aim is to introduce innovations in the agriculture and food sector to increase income, productivity and climate change resilience of smallholder farmers, strengthen entrepreneurship and create employment opportunities along selected value chains. In Zambia, the project works together with partners from the public and private sector, civil society and research institutions to implement a holistic set of innovations in the groundnut, soybean dairy value chains. The focus is on three fields of activity: (1) Strengthening local agricultural innovation systems, (2) innovative and adapted skills development with use of Information and Communications Technologies/radio solutions and (3) strengthening sustainable agricultural business with focus on cooperatives development.
- Support the project coordinator in the implementation of the project
- Support in Monitoring & Evaluation of outcome and output indicators
- Contribute to project documentation and reporting to the client
- Support internal and external communication and public relations work
- Prepare conferences and workshops
- Contribute to administrative and procurement procedures
- Assume thematic responsibility packages as agreed
- Conduct field visits when necessary
- University degree in agricultural science, economics, geography or comparable studies
- First professional or practical experience with the topics of rural development, food security, agriculture, the impact of innovations, value chain development and/or cooperation with the private sector
- Knowledge in complex results-oriented monitoring systems
- High management skills as well as organizational talent and strong communication in an interdisciplinary and multi-institutional context
- Proactive and constructive work attitude, openness to critical feedback and structured approach to act in a goal-oriented manner even under high work pressure
- Team player, socially engaged, culturally sensitive and able to work well in a cross-cultural team
- Fluency in German and English; knowledge of French is an advantage
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Zambia.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.