Job Title: Data Management Coordinator
Organization: Management Systems International (MSI)
USAID Evidence for Health Project
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Job Type: Local Staff
Job Classification: Project
The USAID Zambia Evidence for Health project intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of the Republic of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MoH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity supports the strategic objectives of the USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Data Management Coordinator designs and manages data management systems and visualization tools for HMIS data analysis. The Coordinator reviews HMIS data elements, indicators and integration of population data and ensures data management systems are functional and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are under adherence. The Data Management Coordinator is a full-time position that reports to the Senior HMIS Advisor.
- Advise the MoH to adopt best practices in the installation, configuration and maintenance of the District Health Information Software (DHIS2) system
- Provide guidance to data managers on work relating to improving data quality and use
- Build MoH capacity to data management through training of trainers and workshops
- Provide technical assistance and design interventions using HMIS data
- Provide timely feedback to data managers, data providers and users
- Build capacity of national M&E and program staff to address M&E challenges and lead in implementing solutions
- Design and implement applications on various platforms using the latest development tools
- Identify areas for modification in existing data programs and subsequently developing the modifications as well as testing and evaluating new data programs
- Maintain web servers and respond to all technical client queries
- Bachelor’s degree in computer Science or related field required
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience
- Experience managing and manipulating large datasets
- Strong problem solving, analytical and team working skills
- Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines
- Demonstrated high level of confidentiality, integrity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work on a team and conrtibute to overall efforts
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.