Job Title: Help Desk Officer
Organization: Management Systems International (MSI)
USAID Evidence for Health Project
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Job Type: Local Staff
Job Classification: Project
The USAID Zambia Evidence for Health project intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of the Republic of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MoH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity supports the strategic objectives of the USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Help Desk Officer (HDO) is responsible for providing training, mentorship and support to Health Care Workers (HCWs) seeking technical assistance through the phone, chat, email or through tickets raised on the Help Desk System (HDS). The HDO solves basic technical challenges and provides remote technical support to staff at Ministry of Health (MoH) national level, the provinces, districts and Health Facilities. The HDO investigates, tests and ascertain the causes of reported issues and allocates them to the correct service provider to be resolved. All reported issues are recorded in the Help Desk System and/or escalated in line with the escalation procedures provided. Regularly the HDO is expected to observe patterns of reported challenges and queries and summarize them for use by decision makers to initiate appropriate interventions. The HDO prevents disruption of services at health facilities by encouraging early reporting and solving of issues and ensure that service providers including technicians, suppliers, developers, network specialists or supervisors/management are responsive to prevailing issues in line with the agreed service level standards or agreements. This position is a full-time and will report to the Senior HMIS Advisor.
- Support the supply side capacity assessment of support services by service providers
- Identify and allocate tickets, issues or requests to relevant service providers, decision makers and management
- Support the DDUs in troubleshooting reported challenges at Health Facilities using District Health Information Software (DHIS2)
- Configure and repair laptops, desk top computers and printers
- Install and configure windows operating systems on computers
- Trouble shoot database management systems and internet based local area networks, switches and hubs
- Maintain WEB servers and respond to all technical client queries
- Report progress of support work monthly
- Bachelor’s degree in computer Science or related field required
- Minimum of three years of relevant job experience
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems – hardware and software
- Demonstrate functional knowledge and experience with the Ministry of Health’s HMIS
- Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines
- Ability to work on a team, problem solve, and demonstrate anayltical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with USAID projects and/or deliverables strongly preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.