Job Title: Program Manager
Organization: Management Systems International (MSI)
USAID Evidence for Health Project
Job Type: Local Staff
Job Classification: Project
Duty Station: Lusaka, Zambia
USAID/Zambia intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of the Republic of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MoH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity supports the strategic objectives of the USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Program Manager will maintain working relationships with the USAID Family Health (FH) and PMI teams including key stakeholders at the MoH as well as the National Malaria Elimination Council (NMEC). They will actively engage in USAID Family Health/PMI meetings and other relevant technical working groups and provide support to administrative tasks related to FH/PMI SOW. They will support the FH team by identifying, accessing, and gathering data on key indicators to help monitor and track national, regional, and where possible district-level status. The Program Manager will continue to support mapping exercises to identify and review potential sources of FH data in Zambia. Working with the M&E team, the PM will ensure that USAID FH have access to timely data through different system such us the DHIS2 dashboard. The incumbent will support implementation of all the FH and PMI components including needs identification, new program development, budget management, detailed implementation planning, facilitation, and presentation. Overall responsible for high quality delivery of the Family Health and PMI activities in Zambia. This position reports to the Senior Advisor Knowledge Management/Data Demand and Use (KM/DDU).
- Support the M&E and the malaria team to ensure the establishment and maintenance of effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems
- Timely submission of accurate monthly program reports that meet FH and PMI requirements
- Coordinate the USAID FH/PMI and E4H teams including but not limited to monthly check-ins as well as preparing summary presentations for performance review
- Coordinate capacity building activities for USAID FH and PMI on the use of DHIS2 and the Knowledge Management Platform
- Review and evaluate program effective on a regular basis
- Determine corrective actions needed to improve goal achievement
- Coordinate meetings by preparing the agenda and talking points, scheduling, and drafting presentations
- Ensure clear and effective communication of the FH and PMI program activities to MoH and NMEC
- Build reputation of the program through sharing of evidence-based impact evaluation and participation in key stakeholder events
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Project Management, or Development Studies required, advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of eight years of experience working in increasingly more advanced Program Management positions for USAID, including work with health-related projects
- Strong leadership, strategic planning, and technical skills, with proven capacity to direct and manage change, and inspire high-performing teams
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing is required
- Demonstrated communication, analytical, decision making, negotiation, networking, liaison and donor engagement skills
- Ability to work on a team and contribute effectively to team efforts
- Functional knowledge of Ministry of Health HMIS in Zambia
- Ability to produce high quality work under tight deadlines
- Program management experience with USAID projects and/or deliverables
- English fluency required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.