Job Title: Coordinator
Organization: Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust (ZHECT)
Employment Type: Full Time
Duty Station: Lusaka, Zambia
Closing Date: May 14, 2021
The Zambia Health Education and Communications Trust (ZHECT) is an indigenous Zambian Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), registered under the laws of Zambia and dedicated to providing high quality health services, social behaviour change interventions, research and capacity building for the improvement of the health status and general wellness of the people in Zambia. ZHECT has accumulated a wealthy experience in providing Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV prevention and mitigation services to organizations and communities mainly in Zambia but also within Southern and East African Communities. ZHECT is, therefore focused on HIV/AIDS/STI prevention, Sexual Reproductive Health, Gender Based Violence and Economic Empowerment among vulnerable and hard to reach communities.
ZHECT is seeking to employ a qualified and competent COORDINATOR to coordinate the “Scaling up Caring for Adolescents and Young Adults Living with HIV” (SCAYAL) in Kafue supported by AIDS HEALTHCARE FOUNDATION a one year, project that will target adolescents, young women and men in Kafue town and surrounding areas including Kabweza, Chanyanya, Shimabala, Lukolongo, Chikupi and Chipapa.
- Provide support to the outlined communities in the implementation of SBCC activities that will include mapping, planning and execution and reporting.
- Provide support to identified young women and men in accessing Biomedical services in designated Health facilities
- Approve work-plans and provide supervision to the volunteers through on-going technical support ensuring that HTS and SBCC activities are conducted and accessed on a regular basis.
- Assist the Programs Manager in identifying potential collaborating partners and undertake the necessary community and stakeholders mapping, liaise with community-based groups and facilitate linkages and collaboration with DMOs, DATFs, NZP+ (positive-living support groups), and community/ faith-based organizations within the catchment areas to ensure that the AHF Project and ZHECT’s presence is valued.
- Facilitate the process of Quality Assurance (QA) for Services (Testing, Treatment and Care)
- Work with the M & E Officer to compile both qualitative and quantitative district monthly reports for submission to the Programs Manager and Director Research Monitoring and Evaluation respectively.
- Work with the Finance Officer to ensure prudent utilization of project funds and submit monthly financial reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Provide leadership on community solutions to HIV prevention, treatment and care activities.
- Perform any other duties as may be instructed by the Programs Manager
Qualifications and work experience:
- Minimum Degree in Clinical, Behavioural and Public Health Sciences
- Higher University Diploma in the above fields
- At least 5 years’ experience in Clinical/ Behavioral practice is highly preferable
Attributes and Competences:
- Empathetic, devoted and respectful individual with good interpersonal communication, team building, and writing skills
- Resident of Kafue will be an added advantage
How to apply
Please email your application letter, CV, and copies of supporting academic qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post/deliver to The Human Resources Manager, Zambia Health Education and Communications Trust, Plot No. 1551, Church Road, Fair View area, Post Net no. 221, P/B E835, Lusaka.
The closing date for receiving all applications is 14th May 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com