Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
Employment Type: Internship
Duty Station: Lusaka, Zambia
Closing Date: June 2, 2021
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will support the MERL Officer in implementation of the performance monitoring plan (PMP)/or Indicator Performance Tracking Table (IPTT) to capture project performance and results including routine service delivery data reporting.
S/he will support the MERL team with data collection and reporting of service delivery data against the indicators and ensure quality of data through routine data verification procedures. The M&E intern will make periodic technical assistance/data quality audit visits to Z-CHPP sites in data collection, analysis and use of data for decision-making and program improvement. S/he will also work collaboratively with other team members on project planning, implementation, and the adjustment of project activities based on monitoring information obtained by using innovative, participatory methods and standard approaches.
- Support MERL Officer with weekly spot checks in the Activity Registers.
- Support MERL Officer with regular data verification in DHIS2 Including trouble shooting and backstopping of Data Entry from hard copies to the DHIS2.
- Support MERL Officer with Monthly Data verification for DREAMS and CHIV sites.
- Support Lusaka district MERL team with workshops/training Logistics.
- Assist Lusaka district MERL team with documentation and filling of Reports and Monthly summations.
- Document Success Stories.
- Any other duties as prescribed by management.
- BA/BSc in a Social Science of relevant experience (or equivalent)
- Basic experience or understanding of Community Work.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages.
- Knowledge in data analysis statistical packages (Stata).
- Experience in the usage of DHIS2.
Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation.
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems.
- Experience in Data Entry.
Interested candidates must send their application and CV on or before the due date 2nd June, 2021. All applications must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org