Job Title: Partnership & Localization Expert – South Sudan Country Office
Organization: Save the Children International (SCI)
Category: Programme, Development and Quality
Employment Type: Fixed-Term Contract, Full-Time
Duty Station: Juba, South Sudan
Closing Date: 26 May 2021 – 20:59 UTC
Working in partnership is central to Save the Children’s Theory of Change on how to maximize our impact for children, and is a key element of the South Sudan Country Office’s 2019-2021 Country Strategic Plan (CSP) where we work with local partners both to increase the depth and breadth of its programming but even more importantly to improve sustainability, and promote local ownership and the development of a strong civil society that that can promote child rights and accountability for children.
Save the Children has a Global Partnership Framework, which aims at ensuring that across the Save the Children movement we have a shared understanding of what partnership means. In addition, this role will be critical in approaching partnership more strategically and to advance our commitments to the localization agenda, including the operationalization of the localization policy, and to implement organizational adjustments needed to adhere to Grand Bargain principles and CHS verification outcomes aimed at operationalizing local partnerships.
South Sudan country office in the process of implementing in line with its global partnership framework has not developed a country specific Partnership strategy which is aligned with the country strategic plan hence a lot of the efforts of partnership are still haphazard.
CO Senior Management team has decided to strengthen its partnership department through developing a framework agreement to ensure all work with partners is governed by SCI applicable policies and procedures. Therefore, the Country Office is looking for an experienced Partnership & Localization expert who can work together with the team and help to develop: 1) partnership strategy, 2) CO partnership framework, 3), Localization Policy, 4) Partner Selection Framework, 5) Partnership RASCI 5) Recommend Partnership structure for CO).
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Expertise in partnership and localization as well as strategy/policy developer.
- Experience in developing partnership guidelines, strategies, and partnership frameworks.
- A Master’s Degree in International Relations, Social Sciences or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience especially in Partnership and localization issues.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Ability to deliver within the set time.
- Provide proof of successfully completed consultancy assignments of similar scope.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and liaison skills;
- Proven ability to negotiate and to troubleshoot relationships with variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to promote knowledge sharing and networking;
Contract duration: 1 year
Location: South Sudan
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description