Job Title: Project Coordinator
Organization: Save the Children International (SCI)
Category: Business Transformation
Employment Type: Fixed-Term Contract, Full-Time
Duty Station: London, United Kingdom
Closing Date: 28 May 2021 – 22:59 UTC
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Project Coordinator at London Save the Children office location.
Reports to: Head of PMO
Staff reporting to this post: None
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Good knowledge of project management and previous experience in a similar role, preferably in an international environment
- Understands the need for confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and correspondence
- SharePoint or similar content management system
- Experienced in drafting well-written and professionally presented documents (including procedure and guidance documents and minutes)
- Competent in the use of Microsoft 365 including Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong planning/anticipation skills. Experience of planning and organising meetings and events, with attention to detail
- Experienced in developing and maintaining efficient filing systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills, fluent in English
- Evidenced ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and to work calmly when under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Good time management and coordination skills. Ability to plan ahead, devise and manage work plans, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, juggle priorities successfully, and work effectively and calmly under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively at senior level, gaining trust and confidence with stakeholders
- Ability to speak other languages, in particular French, Spanish and Arabic
We can offer circa £ 27,000 per annum ( If based in UK) with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description