Job Title: Project Analyst, Good Governance for Gender Equality in Georgia, United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women (UN Women)
Organization: UN Women
Location : Tbilisi, Georgia
Application Deadline : 31-May-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Gender Equality
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Level : SB-4
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 28-Jun-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : 12 months (with the possibility of extension)
Expected Duration of Assignment : 28 June 2021 – 27 June 2022
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. UN Women in Georgia supports state and non-state partners towards the achievement of substantive gender equality in Georgia. In line with national and international commitments, UN Women works on the levels of policies and legislation, institutions and grassroots, in order to achieve transformative results for increased gender equality and greater protection of the rights of women and girls.
In September 2019 UN Women Georgia Country Office (CO) with the generous support of the Government of Norway launched a three-year project “Good Governance for Gender Equality in Georgia” (GG4GEG) and with it launched the Office’s work in UN Women corporate thematic area of mainstreaming gender into national planning and budgeting (GNP). The GG4GEG project that is the GNP thematic area of UN Women Georgia CO’s work respond directly to gender equality and gender mainstreaming commitments undertaken by the Government of Georgia at the international and national levels and aims to strengthen governance systems for gender equality in Georgia.
In order to ensure successful implementation of the GG4GEG/GNP area of work, UN Women plans to hire a Project Analyst, who will work under the direct supervision of the UN Women GNP Programme Analyst, and under the overall guidance of the UN Women Country Representative and Deputy Country Representative. Reporting to the GNP Programme Analyst, the Project Analyst will support the delivery of results under the mainstreaming gender into national planning and budgeting portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of UN Women Governance Programme Analyst, the project analyst will carry out the following functions:
- Work towards timely implementation of relevant parts of UN Women Annual work plans as well as work-plans of cost-share projects in the GNP thematic area;
- Provide substantive inputs to project thematic reports, policy briefs, publications and alike in the area of GNP
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme / project proposals and initiatives.
- Provide substantive technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget.
- Draft reports on activities, outputs and outcomes; and contribute to the preparation of donor (external) and UN Women (internal) reports.
- Contribute to the development of tools and knowledge products supporting/resulting from the GG4GEG project implementation.
- Ensure adherence to UN Women objectives, rules, regulations, processes and procedures in the planning and implementation of the GG4GEG project activities.
- Review and coordinate the submission of responsible partners’ financial and narrative reports.
- Support any procurement actions relevant for the project implementation in line with UN Women procurement rules and procedures.
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners.
- Effectively apply Results Based Management (RBM) principles and tools in design and implementation, monitoring and reporting of programmatic interventions.
- Facilitate relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the GNP programme.
- Identify opportunities for capacity development of partners and facilitate technical/programming support and training to partners as needed.
- Organize and attend GG4GEG events, field missions and draft reports reflecting these monitoring activities.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Proficiency in IT skills demonstrated
- Proficiency in Georgian and English
- Sound knowledge of gender equality and gender mainstreaming
- Proficiency in academic writing and reporting demonstrated
- Knowledge and understanding of UN/UN WOMEN programme and operation processes and procedures will be an asset.
- Familiarity with results-based management and human rights-based programming will be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills;
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment demonstrated;
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Ability to approach work with energy, commitment and a positive, constructive attitude; Resourceful in finding solutions.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf?la=en&vs=637
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in gender/women’s studies, public administration, international development, law or a related field.
Relevant work experience:
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience in programme/project implementation, research, monitoring and evaluation, capacity development and alike.
- At least two years of experience working on gender equality, women’s empowerment and governance issues.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies, CSOs and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken Georgian and English.
Application package for the position of Project Analyst on SB4-Min level should consist of:
- Duly filled in Personal History Form PHF11 that can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-p11-personal-history-form.doc?la=en&vs=558
- Motivation Letter.
How to Submit the Application:
- Download and complete the UN Women Personal History Form (P11)- https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-p11-personal-history-form.doc?la=en&vs=558
- Merge your UN Women Personal History Form (P11), CV and Motivation Letter into a single file. The system does not allow for more than one attachment to be uploaded.
- Click on the Job Title (job vacancy announcement).
- Click ‘Apply Now’ button, fill in necessary information on the first page, and then click ‘Submit Application;’
- Upload your application/single file as indicated above with the merged documents (underlined above).
- You will receive an automatic response to your email confirming receipt of your application by the system.
- UN Women retains the right to contact references directly. Due to the large numbers of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.