Position Title: People Development Internship – Various Vacancies (Home-Based)
Location : Copenhagen or Home-base, DENMARK
Application Deadline : 14-May-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Management
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Jul-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : 6 months
Expected Duration of Assignment : 6 months
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP is the UN Development Programme and works in 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, reduction of inequalities, and exclusion while protecting the planet. UNDP helps countries to develop strong policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience to sustain development results.
Drawing on the diversity of UNDP’s client needs and partnerships, the Office of Human Resources (OHR) is the hub for the global HR function for UNDP, providing strategy, policy setting, guidance, and oversight. In alignment with the People for 2030 (UNDP’s People Strategy) and the People Development Strategy, the Talent Development Unit (TDU) at OHR is committed to provide improved opportunities for, and better targeting of, learning and development initiatives so that UNDP staff can reach their full potential and increase organizational capability and effectiveness.
In this regard, TDU is seeking for home-based or in-person People Development interns to support the implementation of “People for 2030”, UNDP’s People Strategy, and the new People Development Strategy (2021-23). This is a generic job vacancy: We are looking for People Development interns with experience and knowledge in at least one of following areas of: Career Development, Leadership Development, Digital Innovation, Content Creation/Curation, Learning Management System, and Data Analytics/Management. The People Development intern will contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of programmes and initiatives associated to one or more ‘Focus Areas’ e.g.:
1. Closing the capability gap
2. Enabling People Managers to build enabling and inclusive working environment
3. Building an effective and diverse leadership pipeline
4. Supporting and enabling rewarding career experiences
5. Building a learning organization with a continuous learning culture
Number of Vacancies
- 3 Full-time interns (100%)
- 1 Part-time intern (50%)
- The Intern will receive a monthly stipend. The amount will vary depending on their duty city / country.
- The amount can also vary depending if a selected candidate receives financial support from a nominating institution, related institution or government.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and update communication materials such as graphics/videos/presentations for talent development programmes and social media outreach
- Maintain internal website information on talent development programmes and events.
- Support the creation of Podcasts on UNDP’s talents (recording interviews, and editing content)
- Assist in creation and delivery of webinars using technology e.g. Zoom / Go-to-Webinar / MS TEAMS.
Programme Management, Design, and Delivery
- Assist in tasks related to programme management including enrollment, reporting, tracking, and responding to learning queries.
- Assist the team in the design and execution of capacity gap or learning needs analysis organization process flow and data analysis.
- Incorporate adult learning theory, visual design principles and accessibility guidelines to design and develop interactive eLearning modules/online training materials.
- Assess and curate talent development content on various platforms (e.g. Coursera, LinkedIn Learning.)
- Conduct research on topics related to talent and organizational development e.g. identify suitable digital learning technologies, platforms, and tools (artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality)
- Provide support in programme evaluation and data analysis using MS Forms, Surveys, and Excel
- Support creating evaluation documents.
- Assist in developing high quality and interactive dashboards in Power BI with advanced tools and techniques
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills and excellent knowledge of office software packages (e.g. Microsoft Office suite: PPT, Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Streams, Forms, SharePoint).
- Basic understanding of workflow automation (Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI). (For Data Analytics role)
- Solid understanding of data analytics and management tools. (For Data Analytics role)
- Instruction Design skills: Strong knowledge of and ability to use Instructional models (i.e. ADDIE, Kirkpatrick, SAM, etc.). (For Content Creation/Curation role)
- A solid understanding of content authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Camtasia Studio, easygenerator, HTML5 etc. (For Content Creation/Curation role)
- Language skills: Fluency in English required. Good working knowledge of French and/or Spanish an asset.
- Knowledge of design software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator InDesign) is an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
Interns are selected on a competitive basis. Applicants to UNDP’s internships must meet one of the following academic requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
(c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.