Job Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Branch: Procurement Services Branch (PSB)
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Closing date: 13 May 2021 – 5:00pm(New York time)
Duty station: Copenhagen, Denmark
Job ID: 36861
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for the support of development and implementation of the UNFPA Quality Assurance (QA) Framework RH commodities. The Quality Assurance Specialist will also support monitoring and reporting and will support Country Offices and other business units to ensure health products procured and distributed within UNFPA programmes are compliant with the UNFPA QA Framework for RH commodities.
You will report directly to the Procurement/Supply Coordinator.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You will support the development and implementation of a sound and robust Quality Assurance system for reproductive health commodities i.e. medical devices, pharmaceuticals for reproductive health and menstrual hygiene products. Under the direct supervision of the Procurement/Supply Coordinator you will support the development and implementation of the UNFPA QA Framework for RH commodities. You will support the Procurement/Supply Coordinator in knowledge management, partnership management and reporting activities and in maintaining a roster of experts. You will also support UNFPA efforts on harmonization of quality assurance of health products with those of other partners.
Qualifications and Experience
• Advanced University degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Material Science, Medical Laboratory Science/Technology, Nursing, Biomedical Sciences, Public Health or related field is required.
• Completion of relevant training, academic and/or professional certification in Quality Assurance of health products (more specifically medical devices) is an asset.
Knowledge and Experience:
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience (e.g. Public Health Care Services in UN organizations, international NGOs, hospitals or other high-level health facilities) is required;
• Proven technical knowledge of medical devices, including WHO standards and guidelines, and IMDRF and GHTF standards is a strong advantage;
• Demonstrated knowledge of international markets (sources, certifications and controls) is an asset;
• Work experience with UN or an international organization is an asset;
• Work experience or support to developing countries is an asset;
• Experience in supervising staff is an asset;
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
Fluency in English is required; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click “Apply Now” below.