Job Title: Monitoring and Quality Assurance Analyst (Home-Based)
Organization: United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC)
Location : Home-Based; Office-based (NY, USA) when travel and office-based arrangement is allowed
Application Deadline : 26-May-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : IPSA (Regular)
Post Level : IPSA-9
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : 6 months with possible extension(based on budget availability and performance evaluation)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) serves as a focal point in advocating, promoting and coordinating support to South-South and triangular cooperation (SSC and TrC) at the global and UN system level.
Under the strategic framework (2018-2021), UNOSSC focuses its work, on three strategic outcomes targeting: (a) the advancement of policy choices for South-South and triangular cooperation and coordinated United Nations system support to such cooperation; (b) capacity development through the sharing of knowledge and experiences; and (c) the forging of strategic South-South and triangular partnerships to support demand-driven programmes. Among its various functions, UNOSSC acts as a Fund Manager and provides support to implementation across four South-South cooperation trust funds, namely the UN Trust Fund for South-South Cooperation, the Perez-Guerrero Trust Fund for South-South Cooperation (PGTF), the India, Brazil and South Africa (IBSA) Fund, and the India-UN Development Partnership Fund.
Within this context, under the guidance and supervision of the Result Management Specialist, the Monitoring and Quality Assurance Analyst will support to effective result management across UNOSSC work-programmes and trust funds.
The Monitoring and Quality Assurance Analyst will work under the guidance and supervision of the Result Management Specialist and in close collaboration with the UNOSSC’s Trust Fund management team and other functional teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Quality Assurance Analyst will provide critical support to operationalize result-oriented planning, monitoring, and reporting system that allows to perform sound analysis and track aggregated results of the UNOSSC work-programmes and Trust Fund Project Portfolios aligning with relevant SDGs indicators, Quadrennial Comprehensive Policy Review (QCPR) indicators and BAPA+40 outcomes. The Analyst will contribute to enhancing the UNOSSC’s trust fund management services in a proactive and result oriented manner.
- Support to identify SMART indicators to monitor UNOSSC work-programmes and trust fund projects; and collect, manage, and analyze data to track progress against the identified indicators.
- Provide support to establish and operationalize a sound information management system to strengthen M&E system at UNOSSC and assist the further digitalization of said systems.
- Receive quarterly reports from trust fund partners; perform quality assurance and provide timely feedback; and analyze them to track progress and identify issues/risks/challenges.
- Maintain strong intelligence to early identify potential issues/risks/challenges in trust funds supported projects that may impact to delivery of results and resources, and support to carry proactive and timely follow-up actions to mitigate them; and organize periodic follow-up calls with trust fund implementing partners.
- Contribute to produce result-oriented quarterly and annual progress reports for the Trust Funds by supplying credible data and evidence.
- Support to dra ft policy briefs, case studies, and good practices using M&E information and evidence to showcase results and disseminate knowledge.
- Provide support to manage the planned evaluations by gathering required reports/evidence and making them available for analysis to the evaluators; and perform quality assurance of the evaluation reports/outputs produced at different stages of the evaluations.
- Perform programmatic review and quality assurance of annual work plans of Trust Fund supported projects to ensure result orientation, and consistency and alignment with the approved project documents.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor in improving result-oriented planning, monitoring, and reporting system at UNOSSC.
- Results-Orientation: Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals, generates innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match different audiences.
- Teamwork: Ability to interact, establish and maintain effective working relations with a culturally diverse team.
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education
Master’s Degree or equivalent Advanced Degree in public policy, economics, social science, business management or any relevant field of expertise.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
A minimum two years of field based (developing country) working experiences in designing and implementing result-based M&E system for international development programmes/projects with UN Entities or NGOs.
Required skills and competencies
- Proven experience in collecting and managing data/information and performing data analysis.
- Strong understanding and practical experience in developing result matrix with SMART results statements and indicators.
- Experience of producing high-quality draft progress reports, policy briefs, case studies etc.
Desired additional skills and competencies
- Combined professional experience with UN Agency and NGO would be a strong asset.
- Demonstrated working experience providing support in implementing/managing development evaluations highly desirable.
- Experience performing monitoring of the project implementation remotely. (Preferred)
Required Language(s) (at working level)
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.