Job Title: Administrative Officer
UNV International Specialist
Host entity: UNMISS
Country: South Sudan
Location, Country: Juba (SSD)
Language skills: English
Expected Starting Date: Immediate
Duration: until 30 June 2022
Application deadline: 15 June 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Provide of administrative and human resources support to staff of the service;
- Provide information needed to respond to audit findings;
- Provide support with respect to the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions, and preparation of cost plans;
- Respond to internal/external audit observations;
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained;
- Provide authoritative interpretation of requirements for handling transactions;
- Prepare and administer the budget activities of the Medical section; Receive inputs for the requirements related to medical supplies, medical equipment, and medical services. After the approval of the CMO, combine all the items required in the budget;
- Work closely with other sections to finalize the budget of medical section;
- Process and review all the medical bills for level II and Level III hospitals pertaining to UNMISS personnel;
- Initiate timely cost recovery in Umoja System;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the CMO.
Required degree level
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
- A minimum Bachelor degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, finance, budget, administration or related area is required;
- Experience handling administration, finance and human resources matters in an International Organization or similar organization is desirable;
- Experience in working with Umoja Finance Module or the finance functions of another Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise
Administration and administrative assistance
Area of expertise details
- Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word); other IT applications and office technology equipment;
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 15 June 2021