Job Title: Associate Programme Management Officer (PPMES)
UNV International University
Host Entity: OHCHR
Duty Station: Geneva (CHE)
Language Skills: English, French
Start Date: 01 June 2021
Duration: 6 months
Application Deadline: 23 May 2021
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible. Applicants must be students of any academic program (BA/BSc, Masters, PhD) and keep this status during the whole duration of their assignment, or be recent graduates.
Description of task
Under the overall direction of the Chief of the Policy, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Service, the UN Volunteer will report to the Evaluation Officer and/or Programme Officer in the respective area of work.
Under the direction and supervision of the Evaluation Officer, the UNV shall undertake the following tasks related to the Evaluation function:
- Assist in the upload, review and correction of the evaluation related data (reports and management responses) in the Decision Tracking System for completeness and accuracy of evaluation reports issued in 2020 and later.
- Assist in the upload of the data of the evaluation reports issued during the programming cycle 2017-2021 in the evaluation module of the Performance Monitoring System.
- Support the undertaking of evaluations, including the collection of documents for desk reviews, preparation of meetings, revision and proof reading of evaluation reports, etc.
Under the direction and supervision of the Programme – Monitoring Officer, the UNV shall undertake the following tasks related to the Monitoring function:
- Assist in preparation of guiding material related to the programming cycle.
- Assist in the review of mid-year/end-of-year submissions.
- Assist in monitoring of submission and status of completeness and follow-up.
Under the direction and supervision of the Planning Officer and Policy Officer, the UN Volunteer shall undertake the following tasks related to the Programme and Budget Review Board/Senior Management Team Secretariat function:
- Assist in the retroactive population of the decision-tracking system for PBRB and SMT decision.
- Undertake additional tasks as required.
The UN Volunteer will undertake short-time assignments in other entities of OHCHR based on interest and availability in order to get a fuller understanding of the Organization’s work.
The UN Volunteer will be mentored by the Policy Officer, Policy, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Service, and the Human Resources Management Service in the framework of the “Ditch UNfair internships”.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
Additional Comments: To qualify for this assignment, applicants must, at the time of application, be enrolled in a graduate school programme (i.e. Master’s degree or equivalent degree, or higher) or in the final academic year of a first- level university degree programme (i.e. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree) in the area of law, political science, international relations, social sciences, economics, business administration or related field, OR have graduated with a university as defined above AND, if selected, must commence take the assignment within one-year period from the date of graduation.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in programme management.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for this assignment though any relevant academic and/or practical experience, in particular in the area of programme management (planning, monitoring, evaluation), would be an advantage.
- Applicants should be computer literate in standard software applications; have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations with a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter, and have the demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs – which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- English (Mandatory) , Level – Fluent; AND – French (Optional) , Level – Fluent
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this assignment, fluency in English OR French is required, knowledge of the other is an asset. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Optional), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Monitoring and evaluation
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 23-05-2021