Job Title: Associate Programme Officer
UNV International Specialist
Host Entity: UNHCR
Duty Station: Tahoua (NER)
Language Skills: English, French
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: 12 months
Application Deadline: 06 June 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Field Office, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Through a consultative process within the country and field visits, stay involved in the development of the strategies, methodologies, contingency plans that respond to new and emerging operational challenges for the country;
- Assist in ensuring that global strategic priorities (GSP) and regional priorities as well as information on projected resource availability guide the planning parameters;
- Provide inputs for developing the country operations plan in compliance with global strategic priorities and regional priorities as well as with annual programming/planning instructions;
- Assist in organizing a consultative process to ensure a consistent application of the organization’s criteria and policies for the selection of implementing and operational partners;
- Assist in managing the development of a broad network of partners, good coordination practices and the development of partner capacities;
- Assist in training UNHCR as well as implementing partners (IP) staff in UNHCR standard procedures related to the Results Based Programme (RBM) management;
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyze UNHCR’s performance, trends and target interventions;
- Undertake field visits to evaluate and improve the planning, programming, implementation and monitoring of assistance projects;
- Assist in implementing the establishment of sound monitoring processes, in reviewing final reports and on progress in order to advise on any corrective actions required or the need for additional resources to reach planned target levels;
- Apply UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to record data and assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level;
- Assist in keeping donor representatives briefed on developments and assist in the development of funding submissions, appeals and reports;
- Assist in monitoring compliance to the organization’s resource allocation framework, providing support and assisting in corrective action where required;
- Assist in establishing and handling Implementing Partners Reports.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
University degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Law, Economics, Development, Social Science or related field.
Required experience: 36 Months
Minimum 3 years of work experience relevant to the function, in programme management, monitoring and evaluation
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Protection of refugees, asylum seekers and IDPs, Other emergency management experience
Area of expertise details:
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 06-06-2021