Job Title: Communication Associate
UNV National Specialist
Host Entity: WHO
Duty Station: Ankara (TUR)
Language Skills: English, Turkish
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: 6 months
Application Deadline: 07 June 2021
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Project Coordinator or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Communication Associate will:
- Support timely delivery of the activities in the Project on Strengthening national capacities against COVID-19 in line with communication and visibility plan
- Support the organization of key local and regional key events under the Projects, with a particular focus on communication and visibility
- Translate documents from English to Turkish and vice versa, make snapshots and overviews from humanitarian and development related reports, analysis and policy notes. Prepare media analysis and screening reports jointly with the Communication Officer
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organization of events, workshops, meetings, trainings and conferences
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Communication Officer, the incumbent should be aware of the national and programmatic sensitivities when communicating externally, assist with updating communication platforms, including social media and the preparation of newsletters and media content
- Develop initial drafts of the reports/minutes of meetings in Turkish and in English
- Assist in telephone inquiries, fax, post and e-mail transmissions and coordination of appointments
- Assist in keeping close contact with relevant consultants and experts
- File and archive all relevant correspondence
- Perform any other communicational, administrative and logistical duties as requested by the Communications Officer
- Logistical and administrative support to the organization of publicity/outreach, knowledge-sharing events and promotional opportunities, especially WHO events.
- Maintenance of information database and photo library for WHO
- Collection of information, preparation of content for the WHO web site
- Support review of all communication and visibility materials to ensure they are in compliance with the provided rules and regulations
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- University Degree in political science, international relations, development economics, sociology, communications/journalism,
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (social sciences, political sciences, international relations, political economy, EU studies, communication, journalism, public relations) is an asset.
Required experience: 24 Months
- Knowledge of graphic design software’s is an asset
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in Good Health and Well-being, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Turkish(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Public information and reporting, Web and graphic design, Other communications related experience
Area of expertise details:
Desirable: Graphic design software knowledge
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Turkey and legal residents in Turkey with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 07-06-2021