Job Title: Communications and Partnerships Officer
UNV National Specialist
Host Entity: UNODC
Country: Republic of Korea
Duty Station: Daejeon (KOR)
Language Skills: Korean, English
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Application Deadline: 24 May 2021
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the National Programme Office (Coordinator) or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Communications and Partnerships Officer will:
- Lead and advise the planning and design of initiatives for common communications, advocacy and outreach, identify and propose information opportunities, activities and approaches, in line with the UN communication strategy;
- Track, research and analyse information on assigned topics/issues, gather information from diverse sources and help to assess news value and other potential impact, as well as to evaluate the effectiveness of information campaigns;
- Logistical support to UN information campaigns (International Anti-Corruption Day, Anti–Human Trafficking Day, etc);
- Draft/compile communication products for target audiences, to include press releases, factsheets, media packets and reports, brochures, video clips, newsletters, interviews, website content etc;
- Coordinate with UNODC Regional Office for Southeast Asia and the Pacific to maintain and update the Center of Excellence (CoE) website, and develop and maintain CoE social media presence;
- Desktop publish, design, and print all official documents publications and promotional material for the CoE;
- Identify key contacts/constituencies and opportunities for strategic partnerships to facilitate communication efforts and maintain working relationships with the same;
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing within the CoE; and
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, such as communications, journalism, public relations, social sciences, design or related field.
Required experience: 24 Months
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in journalism, media, communications, partnership development, or other relevant programmes.
- Korean(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Web and graphic design, Public information and reporting, Other communications related experience
Area of expertise details:
- Full working knowledge of printing procedures, graphics and web development software (i.e. Corel Draw, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator, CMS).
- Working knowledge of video editing software is desirable.
- Working knowledge of data visualization software (i.e. Tableau and Datawrapper) is desirable.
- Have affinity with or interest in C4D, sustainable development and the UN System.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, editing, formulation and reporting skills.
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 24 May 2021