Job Title: Comprehensive Refugee Response Associate
UNV National Expert
Host Entity: UNHCR
Duty Station: Lusaka (ZMB)
Language Skills: English
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: 12 months
Application Deadline: 31 May 2021
Minimum age: 35 years old, unless specified otherwise below. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Comprehensive Refugee Response (CRR) Officer, the incumbent will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the CRR Officer in the institutionalisation of the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) oriented approaches within UNHCR, with various government offices at national and district levels, as well as a broad range of development and humanitarian partners through support and participation in all planning processes;
- With guidance from the CRR Officer, identify and proactively support needs by government offices and other partners and tailor specific guidance, as needed in the various stages of the CRRF roll-out;
- Support the CRR Officer in monitoring the CRRF roll-out at country-level, including implementation of programmes and other forms of engagements, such as partnerships and legislative reform/follow-up, for the benefit of refugee and host communities in close collaboration with UNHCR sector leads, local government and relevant partners;
- Support the CRR Officer in ensuring effective coordination of the CRRF at the operational level, building on and reinforcing existing multi-partner planning frameworks such as the Refugee Coordination Model;
- Support the CRR Officer in UN-related engagements with the view to ensuring refugee inclusion in UN individual and interagency programming, including coordination of delivering as one related responsibilities;
- Under the leadership of the CRR Officer, support CRRF Focal Points in the development of relationships and effectively engage at district level;
- Support the CRR Officer in seeking, following up and development of new and expanding the scope of existing partnerships and maintaining good working relations with all stakeholders involved in the CRRF implementation;
- Support efforts to identify advocacy and engagement opportunities for government and other partners;
- Support the CRR Officer in meeting all reporting requirements at national, regional, and global level;
- As may be delegated by the CRR Officer, represent UNHCR in meetings and fora related to the functions of the position.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Socio-Economic Development, Development Planning, Rural Development, or other related fields.
Required experience: 180 Months
- Minimum of 15 years or more (with advanced university degree) of previous job experience relevant to the function, both in humanitarian and development contexts;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain partnerships with a variety of actors – including government and private sector;
- Excellent drafting, presentation and reporting skills, including strong advocacy and negotiation skills in situation involving multiple actors and diverse interests;
- Excellent computer skills including excel, word and power point;
- Excellent English language skills, including drafting and research capabilities.
- Experience of working with national governments, development agencies or private sector, and NGOs and working on forced displacement issues, including with host communities in the country will be an added advantage;
- At least 35 years of age.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Protection of refugees, asylum seekers and IDPs
Area of expertise details:
- Demonstrated interest/experience in humanitarian work, protection of refugees and asylum seekers.
Driving license: Yes
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 31 May 2021