Job Title: Disability Inclusion Officer
UNV National Specialist
Host Entity: UNDP
Country: Lao People’s Democratic Rep
Duty Station: Vientiane (LAO)
Language Skills: English
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: 12 months
Application Deadline: 23 May 2021
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
The Disability Inclusion Officer will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical advice on how to mainstream disability issues within existing and future projects, in particular in the area of human rights, rule of law, access to justice, citizen participation, youth engagement and gender
- Coordinate, liaise and strengthen partnerships with Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs) and youth organisations in Lao PDR
- Identify possible areas for future (joint) programming on disability rights and assist with project formulation and resource mobilisation.
- Coordinate with the Resident Coordinator’s Office on implementation of the UN Disability Inclusion Strategy and assist in reporting on the UN Country Team Disability Score Card.
- Coordinate submissions/inputs on disability issues to the UN human rights mechanisms, including UPR and relevant Treaty Body Committees
- Help organise events/activites with the Government and/or OPDs for International Disability Day on 3 December and/or International Human Rights Day on 10 December
- Assist the Communications Team in designing more accessible communication products on UNDP’s work on inclusion and inclusive development
- Work closely with relevant government ministries and mass organizations to help them mainstream disability in their respective mandates/portfolios.
Required degree level: Technical/Vocational diploma
Education – Additional Comments:
- Bachelor is considered an assett or be enrolled in a university degree at Bachelor or Master level in a field related to UNDP’s work areas
- To be eligible to apply to the UNDP-UNV Talent Programme for Young Professionals with Disabilities, candidates need to be a person living with a disability
- Work experience will be an advantage but not a requirement
- Interest in the UN and adaptability to a multicultural environment
- Strong commitment to working for sustainable development and human rights
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Other development programme/project experience, Other communications related experience
Driving license: No
Accountability, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams
To be eligible to apply to the Talent Programme for Professionals with Disabilities, candidates need to be a person living with a disability.
Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’.
On your profile, kindly select the response “yes” to the question whether you consider yourself a person living with a disability. Should you require special arrangements to facilitate the interview and assessment during the selection process, please indicate this in the “special remarks” field in your profile. In case you are facing accessibility constraints kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Laos and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 23 May 2021