Job Title: Junior Communication Officer (Corporate communications-documentation & storytelling)
UNV National Specialist
Host Entity: WHO
Country: Viet Nam
Duty Station: Hanoi (VNM)
Language Skills: Vietnamese, English
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Application Deadline: 26 May 2021
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Acting Coordinator, Universal Health Coverage – Healthy Lifestyle and Environment Team, and/or the technical supervision of the Communications Team Lead within the WHO-VNM, the UN Volunteer [Junior Communication Officer] will be a part of the Communications Team and will focus on writing communication materials and stories from the field to highlight impact of health programs, document challenges from the field and tell stories of the lives of people impacted by and benefitting from health programs, by performing following tasks.
- Provide support in office-wide communication for health activities, including corporate communications and external relations, particularly in the areas of health systems strengthening, healthy lifestyles, and environmental health;
- Provide support to the technical focal point for communication on the implementation of the National Action Plan for Health Communication, 2019-2025;
- Provide support to the risk communication activities of WHO Viet Nam and in support to the Ministry of Health;
- Provide operational support in preparing for and conducting advocacy campaigns;
- Provide support in the monitoring and evaluation of communication products, including use of behavioral insights for communication;
- When needed, provide Vietnamese-English translation/interpretation support during meetings with Ministry of Health counterparts and partners; and
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor and/or his/her designated mandated representative(s).
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. communication arts, mass communication, development communication, etc;
Required experience: 24 Months
- At least two years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in development and implementation of communication campaigns (online/offline), conducting community engagement activities or other relevant programmes; experience with writing for public audiences is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Vietnamese(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Other communications related experience, Public information and reporting, Community participation and development
Area of expertise details:
- Other desired/mandatory required technical knowledge: graphic design, and/or video editing;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in public health work, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Vietnam and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 26 May 2021