Job Title: Knowledge Management Officer
UNV National Specialist
Host entity: UNICEF
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Location, Country: Dar es Salaam (TZA)
Language skills: English, Kiswahili
Expected Starting Date: Immediate
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Application deadline: 27 June 2021
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Knowledge Management and Innovation specialist the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Finalize office Knowledge Management strategy document (currently in draft);
- Ensure that KM needs are systematically identified and integrated across organizational processes and aligned to organizational goals;
- Update Tanzania Country Office roles and responsibilities for KM and identify KM Champions in different sections and units;
- Review existing systems and tools in place for KM and share best practices in their use;
- Support the roll out of the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system of UNICEF including creation of document repositories, migration of content from TEAMS to Sharepoint libraries, etc.
- Liaise with communications team to ensure content linkages with UNICEF’s external facing website;
- Champion the use of ECM and encourage knowledge sharing on the use of ECM between sections and across state offices;
- Build capacities of staff members on KM, specifically in the use of technologies associated with KM practices.
- Advocate for insertion of knowledge management activities into programme and operations work plans to more clearly articulate how KM leads to enhanced programme effectiveness, and results;
- Act as liaison amongst various teams on KM and ensure coordination mechanisms on KM are developed, well understood and properly applied by all programme and operations staff;
Required degree level
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
Information Technology, Knowledge Management, Communication, Digital Media, Social Sciences etc.Information Technology, Knowledge Management, Communication, Digital Media, Social Sciences etc.
Experience in development projects including in design, monitoring, and reporting of development projects in the field of gender and human rights of women, specifically women’s economic empowerment, Gender and social issues, SDGs etc.;
Familiarity with technology platforms for knowledge sharing and specific to UNICEF (i.e. including Office 365, SAP, Drupal) is desirable
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Kiswahili(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise
Knowledge management, archiving and documentation
Area of expertise details
This assignment is part of UNV’s disability inclusion strategy. UNV seeks to 1) provide opportunities for persons with disabilities to serve as UN Volunteers 2) enable UN partners to expand diversity and inclusion of persons with disabilities in their workforce worldwide 3) build a talent pipeline of qualified professionals with disabilities who can contribute to the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at national and global levels, with focus on national capacity. Only candidate with disabilities is eligible to apply for this position. If shortlisted for this assignment, you will be asked for a copy of an official document confirming that you have a disability from a general practitioner, or from an organization of persons with disabilities. Reasonable Accommodation The UN system wishes to create an inclusive workplace and commits to taking appropriate measures to enable persons with disabilities to access and benefit equally from employment and other engagement opportunities such as volunteering, by providing reasonable accommodation. In this context, “reasonable accommodation” means necessary and appropriate modifications and adjustments not imposing a disproportionate or undue burden, where needed in a particular case, to ensure to persons with disabilities the enjoyment or exercise on an equal basis with others of all human rights and fundamental freedoms..  Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Article 2 UNV Conditions of Service and Entitlements As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging their own housing and other living essentials. National UN Volunteers are part of a health insurance plan. National UN Specialist Volunteers in Tanzania receive approximately USD 883 as Monthly Living Allowance. Applicable dependents (primary family unit, up to 3) will be eligible for health insurance. For more information about UNV Conditions of Service and Entitlements, please refer to the following: https://www.unv.org/become-volunteer/volunteer-your-country/conditions-service https://vmam.unv.org/calculator/entitlements Application procedure Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have a VMAM account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’. Important: On your profile, kindly select the response “yes” to the question whether you consider yourself a person living with a disability. Should you require special arrangements to facilitate the interview and assessment during the selection process, please indicate this in the “special remarks” field in your profile. In case you are facing accessibility constraints kindly write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: 27 June 2021.