Job Title: Nurse
UNV International Specialist
Host Entity: MINUSMA
Duty Station: Tombouctou (MLI)
Language Skills: English, French
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: until 30 June 2022
Application Deadline: 06 June 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Medical Officer and the direct supervision of the Head Nurse/ Medical Officer, Head of clinical duties or Unit where s/he will be deployed, the UN Volunteer will have the responsibility to:
- Work in the walk-in clinic & the nursing facility.
- Respond to emergency calls and assist doctors in providing adequate care and performing respective duties in the treatment of the patient.
- Performing medical briefing for incoming staff.
- Perform ECG, and other medical exam such as blood tests, glucose, troponin, and urine test as required.
- Prepare patient for different intervention and escort patient to other medical facilities as required.
- On call as required.
- Perform nursing care and generally all activities related to her professional capacity.
- Accord’s patients fair and equal treatment regardless of ethnic background
- Assist in providing health education and addressing work environment and occupational health issues.
- Designs and implements outreach programs for MINUSMA Civilian and Military Personnel.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Medico Administrative Duties:
- Actively contribute in planning and organizing preventive and promotive medical fairs.
- Actively contribute in the In-service education for nurses.
- Responsible for the clinic pharmacy; keep the pharmacy database, ensure its integrity and advise Head Nurse/Medical supply officer on stock status.
- Ensure that regional clinic has up-dated medical supplies.
- Receive pharmaceutical from the main Medical Supply store and keep record
- Keep the clinic & pharmacy statistic.
- Update the medical monthly report.
- Be responsible for coordination of Medevac/repatriation from the region.
- Under the supervision of Head Nurse/ Chief Medical Officer the UNV volunteer will be responsible for Provision of quality nursing services that contribute to the good physical and mental health of the staff of MINUSMA.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Provide annual and end of assignment self- reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Technical/Vocational diploma
Education – Additional Comments:
Registered Nurse who is graduate with either an accredited Baccalaureate Nursing Programme and/or accredited Nursing Diploma Programme.
Certificates in ECG and CPR or Basic life support, PHTLS/ACLS are an asset plus technical interview.
Required experience: 96 Months
At least 8 years’ experience in the application of nursing skill.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Nursing and midwifery
Driving license: Yes
Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 06-06-2021