Job Title: Project Assistant, Port Security Project
UNV National Specialist
Host Entity: IMO
Duty Station: Nairobi (KEN)
Language Skills: English
Start Date: 01 June 2021
Duration: 12 months
Application Deadline: 02 June 2021
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Working under the direct supervision of the Project Officers, the two UN Volunteers will work on both the Training and Budget/Administration aspects of the project, including the following tasks:
- Provide general administrative support for the Project;
- Take notes at project meetings and presentations;
- Draft and proofread Project documentation and correspondence, as required;
- Assist in collating training needs of Project countries and ensuring that the activity matrix is regularly updated on a country-by-country basis;
- Assist in implementing the Project communication plan;
- Assist in budget monitoring for the Project; and
- Perform other duties as required
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
Field of Maritime Studies and social sciences
Knowledge of maritime transport or Maritime Security will be an added advantage
Required experience: 24 Months
- At least two years of professional experience in providing administrative support
- A good understanding of maritime security, piracy and armed robbery against ships and other unlawful activities at sea and in ports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Thoroughness and excellent attention to detail in all responsibilities, ensuring accuracy in delivering and implementation
- Administrative experience and ability to coordinate training activities in a cross-cultural context.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent drafting, presentation and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word is required.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Administration and administrative assistance
Area of expertise details:
- Development programme/project administration Mandatory
- Maritime Studies and social sciences, Knowledge of maritime transport or Maritime Security, piracy and armed robbery against ships.
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 02 June 2021