Job Title: Project Associate
UNV International Specialist
Host Entity: UNDP
Country: Guinea Bissau
Duty Station: Bissau (GNB)
Language Skills: English, Portuguese
Start Date: 15 March 2021
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Application Deadline: 26 May 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Global Fund Project Manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Project Associate provides support in execution of services in the Global Fund Project Management Unit (PMU), and supports the design, planning and management of the Global Fund Project by managing data, preparing documentation, ensuring UNDP corporate compliance – including in ATLAS, and facilitating project implementation. The UN Volunteer Project Associate promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations. The UN Volunteer Project Associate supervises and leads project support staff, and supports the Project Manager to coordinate activities of the projects’ staff.
The UN Volunteer Project Associate supports the Project Manager in all activities related to the Project and UNDP efforts on COVID-19 emergency response. Under the supervision of the Global Fund Project Manager of the Project Management Unit (PMU), the UN Volunteer Project Associate works in close collaboration with the M&E, Finance,PSM Units of the PMU, and with operations and programme teams in the CO and UNDP HQs and Government staff to ensure good project management and progress toward achievements of outputs and outcomes.
The UN Volunteer Project Associate will:
a)Ensure implementation of programme strategies, adapt processes and procedures:
- Support preparation of strategic documents, Global Fund (GF) related documents and reports (ie: Progress Update and Disbursement Requests – PUDR, concept notes, updates of PR and SR Capacity Assessment Tools and reports, additional reports as required), and contribute to UNDP CO reports (ie: ROAR [Results Oriented Annual Report] preparation) ;
- Eﬀective applied Results Based Management (RBM) tools and establishment of management targets for Business Score Card (BSC);
- Develop reports for identification of areas for support and interventions (GF cartography updates, risk assessment updates);
- Draft amendments, Project Documents, Grant Agreements and other programmatic documents;
- Support UNDP on documents preparation for CPD and UNPAF cycle, considering both GF and COVID-19 projects/interventions.
- Support implementation of GFP partnerships.
b)Provide effective support to management of the GF Project:
- Support preparation of Project documents’ drafts, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements, DIM (Direct Implementation Modality) reports and follow up to secure authorizations, LPACs (Local Project Approval Committees), Quarterly reports, project documents, SR (Sub Recipient) agreements;
- Support initiation and closure of projects, use of software platform Atlas, project monitoring, information updates, budget revisions, documents uploading, Project description per Transparency International requirements;
- Support monitoring of project implementation and followed up on performance indicators (Coordination with Monitoring and Evaluation Unit and GF Project);
- Support adequate responses to operational, and logistical problems, as part of the PMU Coordination Team;
- Support the preparation of project audits and implementation of audit recommendations.
c)Provide support in creation of strategic partnerships:
- Analyze information on donors, prepared donor’s profile and database.
- Cooperate closely with national institutions to support their institutional capacity development for management of national disease response including donor funded projects.
- Work in close collaboration with UN Agencies that are involved on Malaria, HIV-TB-RSSH and COVID-19 emergency response.
d)Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the GF Project,:
- Organize trainings for the operations/projects staff on GF Project;
- Develop synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in GF Project;
- Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day)- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country- Provide annual and end of assignment reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities using UNV’s Volunteer Reporting Application- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Public Health, Economics, Political, Social Sciences or other relevant field.
Required experience: 24 Months
At least 2 years of progressively responsible programme experience is required at national or international level.
- Field experience in post-conflict country or in African context is an asset;
- Previous experience with ATLAS is an asset;
- Previous UNDP GF experience is an asset;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Portuguese(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Other development programme/project experience
Area of expertise details:
Progressively responsible programme experience at national or international level.
English (Mandatory) , Level – Fluent
AND – Portuguese (Mandatory) , Level – Working Knowledge
French (Advantage) , Level – Working Knowledge
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 26-05-2021