Consultant, Project Assistant
Organization: World health Organization (WHO)
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: External consultant
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 months
Closing Date: Jun 4, 2021, 12:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Congo-Brazzaville
Organization Unit: AF/ORD Office of the Regional Director
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Consultancy Terms of Reference
The consolidation phase of the WHO Transformation Agenda (TA) in the African Region builds upon the achievements of the first and second phases of TA implementation and draws directly upon the recommendations of the Global WHO Transformation evaluation on ways to strengthen country-level transformation. Within the same portfolio of Transformation Agenda initiatives other spin-off and follow-up initiatives are expected to be undertaken in 2021 which will require additional support to ensure successful delivery of results.
The strain on WHO AFR human resources due to the pandemic response has left the AFRO Transformation Agenda Implementation Unit (AFRO TAI) overstretched. To effectively implement the strategic objectives of the TA consolidation phase AFRO TAI seeks to recruit a junior consultant/s to support some of the TA consolidation work over the next 6 months.
Scope of Work
Under the direct supervision of AFRO TAI, the Project Assistant will support effective delivery of the activities within the above-mentioned scope and other related TA initiatives by primarily performing data collection, analysis and reporting activities, as well as supporting day-to-day TAI programme management.
The Project Assistant will work in close cooperation with other AFRO TAI staff members and will communicate with regional and country-office teams in discharging his/her assigned duties and responsibilities as outlined below:
- Perform data collection and analysis related to implementation of TA consolidation phase initiatives including mid-term assessment of AFRO Mentorship and Team Performance Programmes;
- Support AFRO TAI in implementation the global Transformation Agenda evaluation recommendations in the Region;
- Assist with administrative processes for various TA initiatives and propose solutions to any administrative issues that may arise;
- Maintain and regularly update a database of relevant stakeholders – change agents, consultants, collaborators, etc;
- Contribute to the development of communication products that demonstrate TA progress in the Region including preparation of relevant background materials for use in meetings, correspondence and briefing sessions;
- Participate in relevant meetings with key stakeholders;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
WHO Core Competencies:
- Producing results
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Required Skills and Experience
University degree in social sciences, business administration, public administration and/or project management.
Certification in project management will be considered an asset.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in similar projects, with strong preference for change management projects;
- Experience in data collection, analysis and reporting activities;
- Previous experience in project administration;
- Previous experience in working with multi-cultural teams will be an asset;
- Previous experience in the UN system is an asset;
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc); excellent communications and presentation skills;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with the demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
Language proficiency is required in written and oral French or English.
The proposed duration of the consultancy is 6 months.
Submission of Application
Interested consultants must submit their application with the following documents/information:
- Letter of confirmation of interest indicating availability, suitability for the consultancy and related experience (max 1page)
- Professional CV/s indicating past experience with similar assignments and including contact details of 3 professional referees.
Proposed level: P1