Job Title: National Coordinator
Organization: Zambia Alliance for Agroecology and Biodiversity (ZAAB)
Employment Type: Full Time
Duty Station: Lusaka, Zambia
Zambia Alliance for Agroecology and Biodiversity (ZAAB)
Supporting the movement for a just and sustainable future
The Zambia Alliance for Agroecology and Biodiversity (ZAAB) is a Zambian registered member organisation, with country-wide network representation and a secretariat office based in Lusaka. Members to ZAAB include Zambian civil society and faith-based organisations, farmer and consumer groups, as well as associate individual champions and regional partners.
The mission of the Alliance is to support the widespread adoption of agroecology as a foundation for building an equitable and nutritious food system in Zambia, that fosters resilience to climate change and promotes citizen’s rights to food sovereignty and quality of life for all.
The organization is receiving applications for the position of National Coordinator
Job title: National Coordinator
Reports to: The Executive Committee
To provide sound leadership and strategic overview for the organization and its network activities, maintain executive functions of the secretariat and ensure the development of its programmes and institutional capacity
- Minimum of master’s degree in Sustainable Development or equivalent, with added qualifications an advantage
- Minimum 5-10 years’ progressive experience with a proven track record; special consideration for experience in resource mobilization, policy analysis, network advocacy and multi-partner project management
Lateral and strong strategic thinking capabilities; principled and supportive leadership skills, with the capacity to develop others and social/functional networks; confident public speaker, team player and ethically principled
- To manage to the highest quality and further develop the ZAAB Secretariat as a strategic and active network organisation, with judicious oversight and ethical guidance
To manage all donor relationships, build new partnerships and ensure the efficient and principled based implementation of financial agreements
- Build and sustain vibrant collaborative relationships within the network members of ZAAB as well as wider associate and like-minded partners that contribute to the movement for agroecology and food sovereignty in Africa.
- To facilitate the development and implement the organizational and individual projects Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning frameworks
- To develop and implement all programmes under ZAAB working closely with Policy Advocacy and Communications Officer and the Programme/M&E Officer, Organisation Members (OM) and co-opted professionals
- Ensure that secretariat support functions (HR, Finance, Project Cycle Management, Governance/Executive committee support) are compliant with current local laws of the country and donors’ requirements.
Application deadline: 21st of May 2021
Application letters, with copies of CVs and relevant qualifications, must be sent to:
ZAAB Human Resources, ZAAB Secretariat, Plot 51 Kudu Road, Kabulonga, Lusaka
cc. ZAAB Chair
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; CC: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.